Thursday, June 15, 2006

Example of Half Scene


"You are always late,"" said Ben. "Why are you always late?"

"I am only a little late" replied Chelsea, her eyes moving to the floor

"I have been waiting for you for an hour. The play is half over" fumed Ben. "Every time we make arrangements to meet you are always late. If you are not late, you ring me up at the last minute to change our arrangements."

"What's the big problem" inquired Chelsea sheepishly. "It is no big deal."

"When you are late" said Ben, his eyes fixed firmly on Chelsea's face "what you are saying to me is that my time is not important but your time is"

"That's not true" murmured Chelsea quietly her gaze not shifting to make Ben's.

"It is" steamed Ben "For the last two months you have never been able to be on time. Not once. The first time we met you left me standing for half an hour."

"Yes, but I did ring the restaurant to let you know" pleaded Chelsea.

Yes replied Ben. "I did think at the time that that was a really good sign of good manners from you. I did not realise though that that would be the precursor to your normal behavior. You have left me waiting every time we have arranged to meet, or you have run me up at the last moment when I have made sure that I have arranged my time to be punctual for you. I feel that I am being abused by you and that you do not think me important enough to be am time for."

"That's not true," cried Chelsea. "I am just so disorganised in my life that I am always running late for everything. It's not just you, it's everyone!"

Ben looked at her silently, shook his head slowly from side to side and then turned and walked away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home